Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Week Five

2/18/20


After sketching and editing on paper and the computer, I finally finalized my typeface! The typeface is called Bumblebee and has been uploaded to Fontself for the web.


https://m.fontself.com/otX2JevVb4 

After completing our typefaces, we were assigned our next project of redesigning the 
Sugar Bowl's website (http://www.sugarbowl.biz for the web and phone. I will be 
redesigning the phone layout while my partner Jimmy (https://jblanck244.blogspot.com/) will 
be redesigning the web layout. We first began by working on choosing a color palette 
and some ideas for a layout. We both agreed on warm colors similar to what the sugar 
bowl currently has, but not has bright. 

We looked at some examples of websites that worked and one that we both enjoyed the 

layout of is a more fancy restaurant called Amorette (https://amorette.com) that used photographs as a way to section the website. We have a restriction of only using
three photos for the website so we will have to alter the platform slightly since we have 
fewer photos.

___________________________________________________________________________

2/20/20

We began class by gathering together and critiquing our typefaces. Mostly all of the typefaces
were decorative, but of all the students in my class, I was the only one who created a script 
style type. I was commended on being able to create the type to be able to flow together and
connect like cursive. I was happy when the student presenting mine connected the style of the
characters to the cursive letter tracing done as a child. Some comments I received were there
was still some disconnect in the lowercase letters connecting especially with the "m" because 
of the flare at the end of the last hump. I am going to tweak some of the letters over the 
weekend and update the otf file. 

After our critique our class went to a talk at the Adams house to learn about trademarks and
copywriting. The presenter went into great detail on how filing for ownership of an idea, item,
slogan etc can be done and what is protected. I enjoyed how the audience was able to ask 
questions throughout the presentation. 

My partner Jimmy and I continued to work on sketching out our ideas for the Sugar Bowl
website. Below are two rough sketches I have for the home screen and the menu for a 
mobile device. 


Home

Menu
I will need to rework my sketches with my partner to find something we both agree on. The 
biggest change I will have to do is limit the icons and photos. We can only have three 
icons/photos on the site so I will have to rely on typography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Sixteen

5/5/20 Today I met Professor Mata through zoom for an in-progress critique. She gave a lot of helpful feedback with my design and the l...