Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week Six

2/25/20

Over the weekend I edited my typeface after the notes form the class on my critique and uploaded an edited version in the OneDive. 




I removed the small tail in the "p" and "q" so they wouldn't overlap the other characters. I noticed while editing the "p" and "q" increased the height of the lowercase "f" because it was shorter than the other characters.

We started working on fixing SugarBowl's website with my partner. We made a mood board on Pinterest (https://pin.it/5XzubzD) deciding the colors and potential layout.

We then chose a decorative type (Modak) and a body type (Istok Web) and designed a style tile together to use for our designs.

Color Inspiration



With a clear decided direction, outside of class, we can both begin to work on the designs.

_________________________________________________________________________


2/27/20

After working outside of class, Jimmy and I continued to work on our layouts together. Working next to each other made it a lot easier to bounce ideas off one another and make sure our design was consistent and agreed upon. Sadly we had to change our primary typeface (Modak) to something with a thinner stroke so it would be easier to read. We found a typeface called Spicy Rice to use instead. 

Bellow is my final mobile layout with a home page and then the menu. The page is long since it is to be scrollable on a mobile device. The menu has a dropdown menu feature when you select an item you can add it to your bag. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Sixteen

5/5/20 Today I met Professor Mata through zoom for an in-progress critique. She gave a lot of helpful feedback with my design and the l...