Thursday, April 16, 2020

Week Thirteen

Over the past week, I have started working on my manifesto. The last exercise we did on making responsive text with "gallery-x" was really helpful so when I began my manifesto I started with the code of that assignment and began to rework it. Below are screenshots of my manifesto so far in 3 different sizes and the code. 







I am happy with the direction I am going, but I know I can elevate the design more and there are some coding items that need to be adjusted. I was able to zoom my professor for a one-on-one in-progress critique for some help. Below is a list of the comments she suggested.

  • Change the ... to ellipses not periods
  • In the paragraphs explore bolding some words that convey the main points
  • Change the ' in I'm and add some padding so it stays on the edge of the green box
  • Explore using a script typeface for the heading (organic contrast)
  • Make the green blocks all the same length
  • Add a quote to the top
  • Lighten the background (change opacity) so it is not competing for focus
All of her comments were extremely helpful and over the weekend I am going to work on implementing those suggestions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Sixteen

5/5/20 Today I met Professor Mata through zoom for an in-progress critique. She gave a lot of helpful feedback with my design and the l...