Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Week Eight

3/10/20

During class, we completed another coding exercise. This exercise was to continue our knowledge of creating a hierarchy of type using size, weight, placement, effect. We coded a bibliography using divs, em tags, and classes to format the type on the screen.



  
3/12/20

During class we shared our manifesto ideas and completed two exercises. 

First is my list of manifestos. 


  1. The power of creativity 
  1. I believe in the power of creativity. The importance of the use of our imaginations and ideas. Our imaginations reach beyond reality when we allow ourselves to think, to create. When we remove the restraints, we put on ourselves we can explore beyond our first answer and beyond what others can think... 
  1. The importance of art (community/culture) 
  1. I believe in the power of art. The power art has to stand through time and through cultures through generations. The connections, the symbolism, the monumental moments captured through creation, the history and fame, and talent poured into creating art. Art brings people together. It becomes society’s collective memory. As we as artists add the repertoire...  
  1. Design faux pas (list) 
  1. Why I want to be a graphic designer 
  1. I am committed to becoming a part of the creation of items for a visual world. A world where we absorb thousands and thousands of visuals each day... 
  1. The importance of designing for a visual world 

The ideas in green are the ones I was leaning more towards that I briefly expanded on. I was thinking of taking one idea and writing 3 to 4 paragraphs on the one topic, but after our professor showed previous student examples I think I could combine a few of my ideas into on over-all theme of creativity.

Next I completed the building-blocks coding exercise. We continued practicing writing html and css with divs, classing, and padding. 




The the second exercise I completed was editing our bibliography exercise by adding a web font through Font Squirrel. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Sixteen

5/5/20 Today I met Professor Mata through zoom for an in-progress critique. She gave a lot of helpful feedback with my design and the l...